Image Loop Rotator
Classipress only displays one image on loop page. Image Loop Rotator is a plugin that will display a second image when the user hoovers over thumbnail image. It also works on featured slider.
This plugin requires Classipress theme to be installed.
Why should I use this plugin?
Displaying a second image when you move a mouse over an image with a transition effect of your choice is a nice addition to your Classipress site.
You have to know that image preview does not work with this plugin. If you have enabled Classipress setting Image preview that shows larger image when you hover the mouse over an image, it will not work with this plugin.
Here is a settings page screenshot of the plugin for you to see
There are some options you can select, to make this plugin work with your child theme also.
- Select your second image
- Transition effect speed
- Image type – you can choose from all image types
- Image width and height to meet your child theme dimensions
- Image class to use – child theme option
- What image to show if there is no image on the ad
- Link to ad
How to use this plugin
After installing the plugin you should go to plugin’s settings.
On the right side of screen you will see a box saying this plugin is not integrated into main theme.
You should press the button “Integrate the plugin now“. This will change one file in your Classipress installation.
If you are using a child theme that goes around this file, then this plugin will not work until you manually change this. Here’s the procedure:
- Search your theme’s *.php files for cp_ad_loop_thumbnail and replace it with ecpm_ilr_ad_loop_thumbnail. This will change the main function for displaying images.
- Search your theme’s *.php files for cp_ad_featured_thumbnail and replace it with ecpm_ilr_ad_featured_thumbnail. This will change the main function for displaying images.
After that you need to go to plugins’ settings and configure it the way you like.
There is no video of this plugin for now, but you can check a live site using it:
No compatibility issues so far.
This plugin also works with child themes.
This plugin has been tested on Classipress 3.6.0.
2017/07/11 – 1.0.0 – Initial version
2017/07/14 – 1.1.0 – Added hoover image functionality to featured slider
2017/08/03 – 1.1.1 – Added Minified CSS
2017/09/04 – 1.2.0 – Added an option to use core function for sold ads
2017/12/12 – 1.3.0 – Fixed a lot of errors
2018/06/12 – 1.3.1 – Fixed effect speed for featured images